Is NSE a study abroad program?

NSE is not managed by the study abroad office at UA. An exchange completed through NSE is considered a "domestic exchange" (in most cases) whereas an exchange completed through study abroad is typically considered an "international exchange." Most of the campuses that NSE students exchange to are located within the United States (New York, Hawaii, Alaska, etc.) or its territories (Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands) making the exchange a domestic exchange versus an international exchange. The exception would be Canada. NSE has many partner campuses in Canada and if a UA student exchanges there it would be considered an international exchange (requiring a passport, study permit, etc.)